Ties are a common item in men’s accessories. Some ties cost a fortune and some cost as little as $5. Several factors affect pricing like branding, quality of material and the store where the tie is sold. Learn these guidelines in identifying excellent craftsmanship in ties and you would save at least $50 with a high quality tie. Below are key qualities of well-made ties:
1. Hand-rolled on the edges
2. Stay straight and don’t curl up easily
3. Smooth to the touch
4. Consist of 3 pieces sewn together
5. Wool lining, up to the tips
6. No twisting when draped
After picking a good quality tie, you’d need to learn how to property wear ties. Here are easy to remember tips on wearing ties:
1. The tip of the tie should touch the top of the belt buckle.
2. Use ties to complement your shirt. Use complementary colors that match your shirt.
3. If you have to wear a patterned shirt with a patterned tie, make sure your tie has the bigger patterns.
Good quality ties at reasonable prices are hard to find. Below are tie care tips you might find useful.
1. Try to avoid colors that stain easy. It’s very hard to clean a tie as water may damage the fabric.
2. In case you accidentally stain the tie, quickly dab a wet cloth over the affected area.
3. Store ties by rolling them. Don’t hang ties as they might develop creases.