To a very huge extent, clothing style is a reflection of the man inside. Clothing style however, is also affected by the following: budget constraints, culture and environment. It’s important to develop your own clothing style to express your individuality. Your clothes should send the right message to your customers, friends and colleagues. Wearing clothing that completely conflicts with your personality is the biggest mistake a you can make. You would feel uncomfortable and awkward.
To develop your own style, consider the following tips:
1. Understand your values. Are you practical? Does appearance matter to you a great deal? Remember, style doesn’t have to be expensive.
2. Examine the purpose of your clothing. Are you dressing up based on the occasion? Based on the season? Based on your work?
3. Find a role model. A lot of men refer to actors, sports figures, celebrities to get ideas on what suits them.
4. Be realistic. Most of the time, what’s trendy will not complement your bodily features.
5. Get custom tailored clothing. The most important rule in dressing well is using clothes that fit comfortably.
6. Take time to read. It doesn’t take a day to research on a style that fits your physique. Spend a couple of hours to seek ideas that would fit your skin tone, height, body size and hair color.
7. Inquire. Get advice from your girl friend or wife or woman colleague. Men tend to view wardrobe in terms of whether they would look good in it or not. Their style might not suit you.
Bottom line is, when you try to improve your wardrobe, make sure your choices represent you. Use clothing style to enhance your appeal and direct how your want others to view you.