If you’re a fashion novice, you might want to read this. Being fashionable doesn’t mean you have to follow the trends and buy the clothes you see on fashion magazines. Being fashionable means having your own style and being comfortable with what you wear. If you think you need a total fashion makeover, try to consider the following tips:
1. Identify your body type and facial features. This way, you can match clothing styles that will enhance your features. Be realistic with the styles that you choose. A perfect fit is so much better then following a fad.
2. If you have found a certain style that flatters your features, stick with it. This can be your signature look.
3. Dress right for each occasion. You do not have to be pressured to make an impression on what you wear for an event. If you aim to look presentable, try to dress right for the situation. For example, if the invitation specifies ‘formal’ wear, try to wear a coat and tie.
4. Consider the overall look when matching clothes. Each piece may look great individually but the true test of fashion sense is if they look good when paired with each other.
5. Try to look for good custom tailors you can trust. Nothing flatters a man more than crisp, perfect fit clothing.
6. If you have friends who dress well, ask him where he shops. Get honest feedback from good friends.
Here are several basic items which should be in your wardrobe: navy blue or dark grey suit, black or brown shoes, black or brown belt, about 3 collared shirts in different patterns, dark slim tie, basic denims and a couple of good fitting white dress shirts.